Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 48
Baca Dengan Seksama
Under the pretext of being a surgeon he gained entry to the hospital. When interviewed by the director, he had to fabricate a tale of his medical experience, but he was so adroit at lying that he got away with it. It was not until the phony “doctor” began to gesticulate wildly with his scalpel, that a vigilant nurse was able to detect the fraud. In the annals* of medical history there have been a number of such cases.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- The shootings at Columbine High School made educators much more __________,
- My nephew is quite __________ at making model airplanes.
- Most fisherman can __________ a story about the size of the one that got away.
- Her __________ of being tired did not fool us for an instant.
- I often marvel as I watch the traffic officer __________ at the onrushing cars.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ to lie; to construct
- ____ skillful
- ____ an excuse
- ____ watchful
- ____ move the arms energetically
a wet blanket = one who spoils the fun.
- Everyone wanted the party to go on, but Ronnie, the wet blanket, decided to go home to bed.