Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 49
Baca Dengan Seksama
As an avid football fan, I try to see every game the Jets play. Whenever I can cajole my father into accompanying me, I try to do so. He has only a rudimentary knowledge of the game, and since I am steeped* in it, I enjoy explaining its intricate details to him. It certainly does enhance your appreciation of football when you are aware of every nuance of the sport.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- Since my grasp of algebra is __________, I cannot solve the problem.
- The parakeet refused to be __________ into entering her cage.
- It will __________ your enjoyment of an opera if you know what the plot is about in advance.
- In reading the satires of Jonathan Swift, one must be vigilant* in order to catch each __________.
- Bill Clinton is an __________ reader of mystery stories.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ eager
- ____ slight variation in meaning, tone, etc.
- ____ coax
- ____ intensify, heighten
- ____ elementary
to beard the lion in his den = to visit and oppose a person on his own grounds.
- Having decided to beard the lion, I stormed into the manager’s office to ask for a raise.