Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 51
Baca Dengan Seksama
Slippery Eddie, the infamous pickpocket, was back at work, and every detective had to be especially vigilant. Eddie’s technique was to jostle a victim toward a confederate who would then slip the man’s wallet out of his back pocket while Eddie was stammering an apology to the confused dupe. Within a week the incipient crimewave came to an end when Slippery Eddie inadvertently chose the chief of police for his victim. Although Eddie loathes* Sing Sing, it’s his permanent address now.
- By telling the truth, we stopped the __________ rumor from spreading.
- The bombing of Pearl Harbor was referred to as an __________ deed.
- The wealthy __________ consented to buy the often-sold Brooklyn Bridge.
- When he attempted to __________ the old lady, she struck him with her umbrella.
- Through an __________ error, the guided missile sped out of control.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ having a bad reputation.
- ____ just beginning to exist.
- ____ to shove hard.
- ____ a person easily tricked.
- ____ heedless, not attentive.
to carry the day = to win the approval of the majority
- The secretary’s motion that we adjourn for lunch carried the day, and we headed for the restaurant.