Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 41
Baca Dengan Seksama
The youngster who reads voraciously, though indiscriminately, does not necessarily gain in wisdom over the teenager who is more selective in his reading choices. A young man who has read the life story of every eminent athlete of the twentieth century, or a coed who has steeped herself in every social-protest novel she can get her hands on, may very well be learning all there is to know in a very limited area. But books are replete with so many wonders that it is often discouraging to see bright young people limit their own experiences.
- The football game was __________ with excitement and great plays.
- The __________ author received the Nobel Prize for literature.
- My cousin is so __________ in schoolwork that his friends call him a bookworm.
- After skiing, I find that I have a __________ appetite.
- Modern warfare often results in the __________ killing of combatants and innocent civilians alike.
Sekarang anda sudah melihat dan menggunakan kata-kata yang baru dalam kalimat, dan sudah bisa memperkirakan defenisinya, cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata voracious, indiscriminate, eminent, steeped, replete, dengan maknanya di bawah ini:
- ____ of high reputation, outstanding
- ____ completely filled or supplied with
- ____ choosing at random without careful selection
- ____ desiring or consuming great quantities
- ____ soaked, drenched, saturated
to eat humble pieto = admit your error and apologize,
- After his candidate had lost the election, the boastful campaign manager had to eat humble pie.