Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 43
Baca Dengan Seksama
How paradoxical that the world’s greatest chefs have all been men! Cooking would clearly seem to be a field that lies exclusively within women’s realm, yet the annals of cookery are replete with masculine names: Brillat Savarin, Ritz, Diat, Larousse. To compound the puzzle, there has rarely been a tinge of rumor or scandal casting doubts on the masculinity of these heroes of cuisine.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- His gloom was now __________ by the failing mark on his geometry test.
- The __________ of sports are replete with the names of great black athletes.
- One of the great __________ of American life is that though minority groups have suffered injustices, nowhere in the world have so many varied groups lived together so harmoniously.
- A __________ of garlic is all that’s necessary in most recipes.
- The cruel king would not allow the prince to enter his __________, restricting him to the forest, which abounded with wild animals.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ a trace, smattering, or slight degree.
- ____ a statement that at first seems to be absurd or self-contradictory but which may in fact turn out to be true.
- ____ to increase or add to.
- ____ historical records.
- ____ special field of something or someone; kingdom.
a flash in the pan = promising at the start but then disappointing
- The rookie hit many home runs in spring training, but once the season began he proved to be a flash in the pan.