Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 50
Baca Dengan Seksama
“If there’s one thing I loathe,” the coach said, “it’s a quitter.” He had good reason to reprimand us at half-time, because the scoreboard revealed that we were losing, 4520. Our lackluster performance indicated to him that we had forgotten the rudimentary* aspects of basketball. His caustic remarks fired us up, however, and we dashed out, determined to wrest control of the game from our rivals.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- With the help of his brothers he was able to __________ the leadership of the company from his partner.
- Speaking in a monotone, the politician was booed for his __________ address.
- In a __________ article, the drama critic slaughtered the hapless* actors.
- I __________ spinach but I love other green vegetables.
- When Ed arrived late, he knew that the grocer would __________ him.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ dull
- ____ to hate
- ____ sarcastic, biting
- ____ take by force
- ____ to show sharp disapproval
crocodile tears = in sincere tears (crocodiles were said to cry while eating their prey)
- When the football player broke his leg, his substitute wept crocodile tears.