Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 52
Baca Dengan Seksama
There was an ominous silence when the jittery defendant rose in court. He explained in a tremulous voice what had led him to repudiate his confession made at the police station on the night of the crime. The audience began to buzz excitedly until the judge demanded a cessation of the noise. Although the district attorney bristled with anger, the defendant kept insisting that his rights had been violated because he had not been told that he could see a lawyer before confessing.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- After the weatherman had seen the __________ clouds, he prognosticated* rain.
- The general attempted to __________ the testimony of the lieutenant, claiming that the young officer was not an authority on low level bombing.
- Upon seeing the snake, the cat began to __________ with fear.
- The widow’s __________ hands revealed her nervousness.
- The __________ of the bombing in Yugoslavia was urged by the Pope.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ a stopping
- ____ to reject, decline
- ____ stiffen with fear or anger
- ____ threatening
- ____ quivering
Skid Row = disreputable part of town, inhabited by derelicts and people “on the skid.”
- The presence of so many bars has turned our neighborhood into another Skid Row.