Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 56
Baca Dengan Seksama
The irate 80-year-old manager pressed charges against K.O. Mullins, suing him for assault. As tangible evidence of the attack, he pointed to a deep laceration over his eyebrow that had required ten stitches. When the case was brought before the court, the judge castigated Mullins for the sordid incident. In addition to a costly financial settlement, Mullins was required to make a public apology to the octogenarian.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- The medic reached into his kit to find a bandage for the ugly __________.
- Mr. Dixon belittled our request for __________ proof of his loyalty.
- The kindly foreman was too reticent to openly __________ the clumsy new worker.
- When the teenager announced her engagement to the __________, the public suspected it to be a publicity stunt.
- Stories of their __________ youth poured forth from the unhappy felons.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ having actual form
- ____ to correct by punishing
- ____ jagged wound
- ____ dirty, base
- ____ person in his or her eighties
Hobson’s choice = to have no choice at all (Mr. Hobson owned a livery stable but he did not allow the customers to pick their own horses)
- Despite all the talk about democracy in my family, my father usually gives the rest of us Hobson’s choice.