Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 60
Baca Dengan Seksama
The cheating scandal came to a head when Art Krause, our football captain, made the egregious mistake of getting caught cheating on a midterm exam. If Art were suspended for his part in that sordid affair, our chances for winning the city championship would go up in smoke. The distraught coach asked the principal to overlook Art’s duplicity, but Mr. Dorsey replied in an acrimonious fashion that the players had been given ”a plethora” of athletic instruction but a paucity of moral guidance.”
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- The bank teller’s __________ error was difficult to correct.
- We tried to ignore her __________ comments, but that took considerable restraint.
- __________ is the stock in trade of all adroit counterspies.
- Although it was a creative writing class, the teacher complained about the __________ of talent there.
- The soldiers were __________ to learn that their furloughs had been canceled.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ scarcity
- ____ cunning, trickery
- ____ mentally confused, crazed
- ____ remarkably bad
- ____ bitter
to pass the buck = to evade responsibility (the “buck” may have been a piece of buckshot passed from one poker player to another to keep track of whose turn it was to deal)
- He always gives me a straight answer and never tries to pass the buck.