Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 54
Baca Dengan Seksama
When the bell sounded, K.O. Mullins responded with alacrity. He sprang from his stool and charged across the ring, showing disdain for the champion’s strength. Although this belligerent attitude impressed the referee, it failed to intimidate the champ. That intrepid* battler laid the hapless* Mullins low with an adroit* feint and an uppercut.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- Y2K concerns of the January 1, 2000 problems with computers failed to __________ our company.
- The Germans were duped* by the Allies’ __________ toward the south, leaving the way open for the Normandy invasion.
- The waiter moved with __________ because he perceived* they were big tippers.
- His __________ manner caused him to lose one friend after another.
- When the curtain came down, the critic’s face registered the __________ she felt for the lackluster* play.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ contempt
- ____a false attack
- ____to overawe
- ____briskness, lively action
to throw down the gauntlet = to challenge someone (when the gauntlet, or medieval glove, was thrown down, the challenger was required to pick it up)
- The principal of our rival school threw down the gauntlet, and we had no choice but to accept the challenge.