Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 59
Baca Dengan Seksama
Mr. Dorsey, our new principal, determined to do something about the flagrant cheating at our high school. He issued bulletins and began to admonish those teachers who did not proctor alertly. Under duress, the faculty reported the names of the culprits. Several crib sheets were turned in as tangible evidence of the cheating. Mr. Dorsey’s inexorable campaign against the wrong-doers seemed to be paying off.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- The __________ was caught with his fingers in the cookie jar.
- Television sleuths are __________ in their pursuit of lawbreakers.
- The confession was signed under __________, the attorney claimed.
- I suspect that my father will __________ me for coming home late.
- Parking in front of a hydrant is a __________ violation of the city’s law.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ inflexible, unrelenting
- ____ compulsion, force
- ____ outrageous, glaringly bad
- ____ the guilty person
- ____ to warn, to reprove
to take down a peg = to take the conceit out of a braggart (ship’s colors used to be raised or lowered by pegsthe higher the colors, the greater the honor)
- The alumni thought they had a great basketball team, but our varsity took them down a peg.