Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 67
Baca Dengan Seksama
The school authorities were stymied. Public opinion had been marshaled against them. No longer was it a simple case of disciplining two wayward lads. Suddenly it had taken on the appearance of a nightmare in which the principal was either hanged in effigy or pictured in cartoons making a villainous swipe at the two innocent Samsons. But the officials could not allow Ron and Len to flout their authority with impunity. Members of the school board concurred with the principal’s action but they were cognizant of the popular support for the boys. Clearly a compromise was called for to resolve the turbulent situation.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- “COACH OF LOSING TEAM HANGED IN __________”
- “CAUSE OF CANCER CONTINUES TO __________ DOCTORS”
- “F.B.I. __________ OF CLANDESTINE* GANGLAND MEETING”
- “MANY MOTORISTS __________ TRAFFIC LAWS, STUDY REVEALS”
- “__________ ATMOSPHERE IN ANGRY SENATE CHAMBER”
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ unruly, agitated
- ____ to hinder, impede
- ____ show contempt, scoff
- ____ aware
- ____ a likeness (usually of a hated person)
a bitter pill to swallow = a humiliating defeat.
- It was a bitter pill to swallow for the famous billiard player to be overwhelmed by the 12-year-old girl.