Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 61
Baca Dengan Seksama
Mr. Dorsey summoned a representative group of teachers and student leaders to his office in order to elicit their reactions to the suspension of the football captain. He told them that cheating was a pernicious disease that could not be tolerated at our school. He loathed* having to discipline Art Krause so severely, but unless strict measures were taken, the student body would construe the incident as an open invitation to cheat with impunity. “We may lose a football game,” the principal said, “but we can salvage our self-respect.”
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- The border guards allowed the doctor to cross the frontier with __________.
- It isn’t easy to __________ answers from a sleepy class on Monday morning.
- Dentists appreciate patients who can __________ pain.
- She hoped that we would not __________ her decision to run for office as a thirst for power.
- The dictator’s __________ rules failed to intimidate* the leaders of the underground.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ freedom from punishment
- ____ to make a deduction, to infer
- ____ to put up with, to bear
- ____ to draw forth
- ____ harmful, causing injury
to lionize a person = to make a big fuss over someone (the lions at the Tower of London were considered its main attraction)
- When the famous poet Dylan Thomas visited the United States, he was lionized wherever he lectured.