Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 62
Baca Dengan Seksama
Our neighbor is an affluent inventor whose latest brainstorm, a feasible umbrella substitute, has been featured in many magazines. As simply as the eye can discern, it is a hard plastic strip, about the size of a ruler, which fits comfortably into a woman’s handbag or a man’s suit jacket. If a person is caught in a sudden rainstorm, he swings the plastic open in the shape of a cross. Attached to each arm is a clip-like device. Next, he takes the newspaper he is carrying and slides it under each of the four clips. Now, equipped with a rigid head covering he can sally forth to face the elements. To the consternation of the umbrella manufacturers, it has been enjoying a brisk sale, especially among commuters. If it continues to do well, it could have a pernicious* effect upon the umbrella industry.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- Some prisoners planned a disturbance while others would __________ toward the gate.
- Under duress from the tax officer, the beggar admitted that he was truly __________.
- To the __________ of the sergeant, there was a paucity* of volunteers for the dangerous mission.
- It’s __________ to build an electric auto, but wouldn’t you need a terribly long extension cord?
- When we could __________ the city lights, we knew we were safe at last.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ suddenly rush fort
- ____ possible
- ____ dismay
- ____ rich
- ____ perceive
I’m from Missouria = skeptic, one who is not easily convinced
- You might swallow his promises, but I’m from Missouri.