Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 77
Baca Dengan Seksama
An uneasy feeling had made Jerry Hart miserable all day long. It was difficult to explain, but the similar sensations in the past had been accuratetrouble was on the way. Just as some people can predict the onset of inclement weather because of an aching in their bones, so could Jerry detect incipient disaster. He sat at his desk, trying to peruse a company report but his efforts were ineffectual. The gnawing at his insides, the tinge of uneasiness, the premonition of calamity that besieged him would not desist. When the phone rang, he recoiled with fearit was his wife and she was hysterical. Their son had been bitten by a mad dog!
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- After being admonished by his father, he began to __________ the want ads daily.
- When the black cat crossed her path, Ellen had a __________ of disaster.
- The pickets promulgated a warning that they would not __________ in their efforts to enhance their standard of living.
- As the snake prepared to strike, the girls __________ in horror.
- She blamed her absence from the game on the __________ weather, but we knew that was sour grapes.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ unfavorable, stormy
- ____ to read carefully
- ____ cease
- ____ forewarning
- ____ draw back
to pay the piper = to bear the consequences (from the story of the Pied Piper of Hamelin)
- The cruel leader was doing well at the present time, but he knew that one day he might have to pay the piper.