Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 79
Baca Dengan Seksama
The doctor explained the situation calmly, avoiding histrionics. First of all, they didn’t know whether the dog had rabies. Secondly, the elusive dog had frustrated all attempts to find him so far. Finally, the decision would have to be made whether Bobby was to undergo the painful vaccination administered daily for two weeks. Mrs. Hart said that a neighbor who had seen the dog claimed that it had been foaming at the mouth, barking, and growling constantlyall symptomatic of rabies. But the policeman interjected that there hadn’t been a case of a mad dog in the county in over twenty years; he repudiated the neighbor’s report, advocating that they do nothing for at least another day. Mr. and Mrs. Hart sat down to think about their next step.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- The warden __________ the prisoners’ attempt to escape by adding more guards.
- Most viewers hate it when a commercial is __________ into a suspense drama.
- Saying that he would not tolerate her __________, the director fired the temperamental actress.
- All his life he found happiness __________, but wealth easy to come by.
- The sordid rioting was __________ of the problems facing the large cities.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ having to do with signs or symptoms, indicative
- ____ hard to grasp
- ____ insert, interrupt
- ____ display of emotions
- ____ counteract, foil, thwart
to show one’s hand = to reveal one’s intentions.
- When someone joined in bidding for the antique, the dealer was forced to show his hand.