Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 81
Baca Dengan Seksama
Meanwhile, the Harts had notified the local radio stations to broadcast a poignant appeal for the dog’s owner to come forward. The station was inundated with phone calls but all leads were fruitless. From what Bobby had told them, a huge dog had leaped out from a red station wagon in the supermarket’s parking lot. After biting Bobby it vanished. The six-year-old was too concerned with the bites he had received to see where the dog disappeared to. The boy’s story was garbled, but he did remember that the animal was gray and had a collar. There was little tangible evidence to go on, but the police remained sanguine.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- The sermon was __________ enough to bring tears to the brash delinquent’s eyes.
- Although the message was __________, its salient points were clear enough.
- After a __________ attempt to wrest control of the government, the traitors were incarcerated.
- Even though his boat was almost __________, the skipper was loath to radio for help.
- Because the malignancy had gone unchecked, the surgeons were not __________ about the patient’s chances.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ useless
- ____ confused, mixed up
- ____ optimistic
- ____ to flood
- ____ moving, painful to the feelings
to feather one’s nest = grow rich by taking advantage of circumstances.
- While working as the tax collector, he adroitly feathered his own nest.