Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 78
Baca Dengan Seksama
As soon as Jerry Hart could get the pertinent facts from his wife, he dashed out of the office on his way home. He jostled people in the hallway, implored the elevator operator to hurry, and with flagrant disregard for an elderly gentleman jumped into the cab he had hailed. The twenty-minute taxi ride seemed interminable and all the while horrible thoughts occurred to Jerry. Visions of an ugly mastiff with foaming jaws obsessed him. A crowd of people had gathered in front of his house so that Jerry had to force his way through them. Little Bobby was on his bed, surrounded by a doctor, a policeman, Jerry’s doleful wife, his two daughters, and a half-dozen wan neighbors.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- The stockbroker was __________ with the idea of becoming a painter.
- My nervous neighbor bought a pugnacious __________ to frighten burglars.
- __________ expressions abounded throughout headquarters on the night of the election.
- During the trial the astute lawyer was able to elicit the __________ information from the key witness.
- After the tension, his normally ruddy face was __________ and tired.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ sad, melancholy
- ____ to the point
- ____ sickly pale
- ____ to haunt, preoccupy
- ____ large dog
on the carpet = being scolded.
- Because of her repeated lateness, Betty’s boss called her on the carpet.