Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 85
Baca Dengan Seksama
When Monte Ziltch told his boss, Mr. Foy, that he was quitting as an accountant to become an actor, the man was convulsed with laughter. After Mr. Foy realized that Monte was obsessed with the idea, he became quite serious, launching into a diatribe on the importance of responsibility in the younger generation. Monte confessed that he had been developing ulcers as an accountant, and when his psychiatrist suggested that the sickness was a result of inhibitions, Monte agreed. Now a fortuitous opportunity to get into show business required Monte to make an immediate decision. Mr. Foy stormed out of the office, muttering incoherently about hippies, beatniks, and others of that ilk.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- When a large expenditure is imminent, my father goes into a long __________ on the need for economy.
- It is often fruitless to argue with racists, bigots, and others of that __________.
- Since the patient’s speech was garbled and __________, we could only conjecture as to his message.
- The meeting was a __________ one, but the jealous husband construed it as prearranged and clandestine.
- After two drinks the usually phlegmatic dentist lost all his __________.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ kind, sort
- ____ disjointed
- ____ accidental
- ____ bitter criticism
- ____ restraint
to wear one’s heart on one’s sleeve = to make one’s feelings evident.
- People who wear their hearts on their sleeves frequently suffer emotional upsets.