Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 87
Baca Dengan Seksama
During the first weeks of the summer, Monte Ziltch didn’t even have time to consider whether he had made an egregious mistake. He was too engrossed with his work, performing a thousand and one odd jobs around the theater. First there was the opening production of A Chorus Line, then two weeks of The Fantasticks, followed by a poignant Diary of Anne Frank, which did excellent business. All through those weeks, Monte painted, carried, nailed, collected, ran, studied, and perspired. He had expunged all traces of debits and credits from his mind, burying himself in the more flamboyant world of the theater. Accounting became anathema to him as the schism between his present utopia and his former drudgery widened.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- In Lost Horizon a character recoiled at the idea of living in a __________.
- A pernicious __________ developed between the two sisters.
- The traitor’s name was __________ in his father’s domicile.
- Our theatrical pages were inundated with press releases from the __________ producer.
- After having made the rash statements, the senator wished that he could __________ them from the record.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ split
- ____ something greatly detested
- ____ place of perfection
- ____ erase
- ____ showy, colorful
to save face = to avoid disgrace.
- Instead of firing the corrupt executive, they allowed him to retire in order that he might save face.