Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 88
Baca Dengan Seksama
At last, Monte’s chance to perform came. He had played the timorous Lion in a truncated version of ”The Wizard of Oz,” which the apprentices had staged. But now there was an open audition to cast the final show of the season. It was to be a jaunty original comedy, given a summer tryout prior to a Broadway opening. Monte, who by now had adopted the stage name of Monte Merryweather, read for the producers, hoping to get the part of the hero’s fractious landlord. Unfortunately, the competition was too roughbut the director assigned Monte to a less ostentatious part. And so for the first two weeks in September the stagestruck accountant had a two-minute, twoline part. What was his role? The hero’s accountant!
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- It is frustrating to have one’s lengthy remarks printed in __________ form.
- With his cap set at a __________ angle, the amicable sailor strutted down the street.
- In an __________ display of histrionics the star refused to perform.
- Under duress the normally __________ husband was coerced into demanding a raise.
- Roger’s __________ behavior compounded the bad relationship he had already had with his partner.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ fearful
- ____ cut short
- ____ sprightly, gay
- ____ showy
- ____ quarrelsome
Indian summer = warm autumn weather.
- Parts of the country were deep in snow, but the East was enjoying an Indian summer.