Belajar Bahasa Inggris – Pelajaran 83
Baca Dengan Seksama
Forty hours had elapsed before the police work and the publicity paid off. By meticulously checking the registrations of every red station wagon in the neighborhood and then cross-checking dog licenses, the police narrowed the search to four owners. After a few telephone calls, the apologetic owner was located and directed to bring her muzzled German shepherd to the Hart domicile. Bobby identified the dog, and the animal was taken to a veterinary’s clinic to have the necessary tests performed. The lax owner, Mrs. McGraw, admitted that the dog had a sporadic mean streak, but she scoffed at the idea of rabies. Jerry Hart noticed for the first time in two days that his uneasy feeling had departed.
Cobalah untuk menggunakan kata-kata baru diatas dengan mengisikannya ke (ubah akhir kata jika diperlukan) dalam kalimat di bawah ini:
- Inadvertently, Emma had allowed two months to __________ before paying her rent.
- The lackluster battle was punctuated by __________ mortar fire.
- A man’s __________ is his castle.
- Because the watchman was __________, thievery was rampant at the warehouse.
- The __________ musician had nothing but disdain for his disorganized friends.
Cobalah untuk memasangkan kata-kata baru diatas dengan defenisi di bawah ini:
- ____ careless, negligent
- ____ to slip by
- ____ occasional
- ____ home
- ____ careful
to sow one’s wild oats = to lead a wild, carefree life.
- During his teen years, the millionaire avidly sowed his wild oats.